Roosevelt Historic District
Generally bounded by McDowell Road, Fillmore Street, Central Avenue and Seventh Avenue.
Period of Significance: 1895-1930
The Roosevelt Historic District was the first Historic District designated by the City of Phoenix and has some of the finest examples of early 20th century architecture in the Valley. Prior to being placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983, many homes were lost to demolition as urban redevelopment destroyed much of what were once the “streetcar suburbs” of Phoenix.